Banking detail changes will be verified before profiles can be updated.
From now on, any changes to banking details will be verified before an individual or company banking profile can be updated and if any refunds are due, these will only be processed after the receipt and verification of the new banking details.
The new procedures will improve security and reduce fraud. Banking details can be changed in person at any Sars branch or the change can be made when an individual Income Tax return is submitted. Supporting documents must be provided.
As part of the general Sars encouragement of electronic submissions, banking details can also be changed via the Sars eFiling system when submitting an ITR12 Individual Income Tax return, but Sars may still ask the taxpayer to go to a branch to verify the change.
- Keep your tax payments uptodate (fixedaccounting.com)
- Five things every taxpayer in South Africa should know (fixedaccounting.com)
- VAT Registration at SARS (eservices1.wordpress.com)
- After 25 years I finally changed banks (takechargesolutions.org)
- Can I Claim a Boyfriend/Girlfriend As a Dependent on Income Taxes? (turbotax.intuit.com)
- Video: What are Income Taxes? (turbotax.intuit.com)
- SARS and SARB – Closing the international trade transaction loop (mpoverello.wordpress.com)