The 2012 Sanlam / Business Partners Entrepreneur of the Year competition has seen a 5% increase in the number of female finalists which is a critical sign that speaks to general health of the South African economy, say organizers of the competition.
The resonates well with the GEM research report on South Africa which showed that the total early-stage Entrepreneurial Activity (TEA) for South African females improved by 161.3% from 2001 – 2010, growing from 3.1% to 8.1%.
- You: Caster Semenya: Controversial South African Star Stunned in 800-Meter Dash (bleacherreport.com)
- MSC Melody sold to Korean buyers (shippingnewsandviews.wordpress.com)
- South Africa: The New Rand Lords (time.com)
- Young designers to wow at Soweto Fashion Week 2012, Johannesburg | South African Hotels (south-african-hotels.com)
- SABLE Accelerator launches to connect Silicon Valley with South Africa (thenextweb.com)
- Chamani Breaks Through for South African Women at WSOP (pokerlistings.com)