The hope of generating more jobs through Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) will soon become a reality once the Lekki Free Trade Zone (LFTZ) begins operation. It is expected to generate about one million jobs. This is the view of many stakeholders who shed more light on the advantage of the project.
Consistent with the strategic intent to make the LFTZ a major growth driver and catalyst for socio-economic development, the Federal Government has pledged its unflinching support to the Lagos State Government, the consortium of Chinese investors and other stakeholders to ensure the take-off of the LFTZ in earnest.
Also, LFTZ management has recorded some significant developments, thus reinforcing the viability of the project as a kickstarter for economic transformation.
The Executive Secretary, Africa Free Zones Authority (AFZA), Chris Ndibe, said if properly managed, the project is capable of generating about one million jobs annually, which is in keeping with the transformation agenda of President Goodluck Jonathan.
- Lekki Free Trade Zone ready next year- FG (vanguardngr.com)
- China to make Nigeria major manufacturing zone (vanguardngr.com)
- ‘Free trade zones will enhance Foreign Direct Investment’ (vanguardngr.com)
- Obama announces outline of deal on trade zone (msnbc.msn.com)
- Lekki Toll Gate: Residents Should Dialogue With Fashola (streetoflagos.com)