The Big Four — PwC, Deloitte & Touche, KPMG and Ernst & Young — audit the books of most of the world’s largest corporations through networks of legally separate audit firms. Their Chinese arms, which also audit Chinese operations of large multinational companies, have also been beyond the reach of PCAOB inspections.
- Shhh! Don’t Name That Auditor (economix.blogs.nytimes.com)
- The Importance of Accounting Standards (fixedaccounting.com)
- Big Four accountancy firm break-up is ‘not the solution’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- U.S., China Claim Progress on Audit Oversight (online.wsj.com)
- In close race for No 1, Deloitte, PwC grow apace (huffingtonpost.com)
- China Companies Evading Rule With U.S. Listings Stump Regulators (businessweek.com)
- EC pushes top four auditors to reform: report (huffingtonpost.com)